Sunday, November 15, 2009

Enjoying the fall!


In front of our home with the pretty red bush!


The view coming out of the post's west gate.

Hiking at Lake of the Ozarks.


More Hiking!


This fall has been pretty relaxing and enjoyable in our home. We were able to get out and do some hiking up in Lake of the Ozarks National Park one weekend, on another weekend we went up the Hermann, MO which is a cute little town on the river, it was a town settled by German's a while back, and some of the businesses, shops and homes, and churches are reminiscent of a German town. They were celebrating Oktoberfest and we thought it would be fun to check it out.
I really enjoyed visiting the town and some of the surrounding wineries. Though, I think if we head up that way again it will be during a different time of year...we basically felt like we were in the middle of a college party, which was fun to a degree but got old kind of quickly...I guess we are just getting boring in our old age!
Hmm, let's see...other stuff that has been going on...nothing much really. We are just enjoying life here. Both of us have just been enjoying our jobs and our schedules! I have been proud that we not only are working our full days, but also have been getting in our planned workouts before we head in to work. It kind of makes for early mornings (4:30am early, yikes!), but we also are both done at work by 4pm (give or take 30mins) and are home for a nice long evening!
I really am absolutely loving my job. The little guy I have been working with makes me smile everyday! I think both he and I are learning a ton! The other teachers I've been working with in our classroom are also wonderful to be around. We all seem to be pretty busy and often deal with challenging situations throughout the day, but everyone has such a positive and supportive attitude that it makes for a really pleasant working environment.
I've also been in the midst of some domestic projects on the home front, but I am waiting to take some pictures to show some fun before/after shots, I'll probably post that in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

Beth said...

You guys are so cute. Glad to hear that things are going so well. Looks like you had a beautiful fall for hiking.