Monday, May 2, 2011

Running Fun!

We just got home from a trip down to Nashville, TN! This was our second year running in the Country Music 1/2 Marathon. It was a fun time!

This year I was able to talk some of the other ladies I work with into joining us, I was able to train with these ladies the last couple of month's and it was fun to race with them! The race went pretty well for all of us, at least we all finished that is, I always think that is the biggest accomplishment. I unexpectedly had a little asthma flare up at like mile 3 (I almost never have asthma issues, it's only been like 3 times in the last 4 years), it wasn't enough to make me stop, I basically had to slow down pretty dramatically though and just do an easy jog for a couple of miles, then it subsided enough to finish out the race with no real issues. I will make sure to have an inhaler on me for my runs here on out. I guess I learned my lesson.

Matt and I were able to stay with some friends Joey and Kristina, who we knew in Germany, it was fun to reconnect with them and spend some good quality time with them as well!