Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy and Sad

The Sad....

I had to come back to the states and leave wonderful Germany... very sad. Back to the real world though. It will be hard being apart from Matt over these next months. It sucks, I miss him terribly when I'm not with him. Now back to phone calls, IM'ing, and Web Cam'ing I guess.

The Happy....

I'm glad that with the sad there is some happy mixed in...
  • I got to spend a little over a week in Missouri with my family! That was SO MUCH fun! Plus, it was my nephew Jacob's birthday while I was there, and celebrating with him was a huge highlight! Both Jacob and Lizzie (my niece) are my little darlings, and it warmed my heart to be able to spend time with them.
  • The season for the crew team I coach is just about to begin! I was able to start back with the girls yesterday at winter conditioning practice. They always seem to be able to keep me entertained! I'm really looking forward to getting out on the water with them!
  • I got a wedding gown while in MO! It really was the only time that my mother, maid of honor (my sister), and myself were going to be together, so we figured why not look around...not expecting to find anything... I loved the second gown I tried on and that was it. Done.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am sorry that you have ot be apart again, that is really sad. Thank goodness for technology to keep you connected.
Congrats on your dress! That is SO exciting!!! I can't wait to see it, I am sure that you are a beautiful bride!