Monday, February 25, 2008

Matt's Post!

Yes! Heather's at school and Matt is left wandering the depths of the bloggosphere alone and unsupervised.

Well, it's been a great trip so far. I'm really glad that I took the opportunity (thanks Army!) to come home for a couple of weeks and see everyone. After a couple of days in DC last week Heather and I flew out to LA and arrived EARLY on Sunday the 17th. After church mom put together a little "get-together" where Heather and I visited with friends for a few hours. We were both VERY happy to see everyone and catch up. The next couple of days in Redlands were spent with friends and family and relaxing at home. It was a quick but long overdue visit!

Now Heather and I are back in DC. The weather hasn't been as good as the Southern California sunshine. On Friday it was cold and rainy so Heather and I decided to take a trip to the National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazay Center. Heather was a little under the weather, but I had a GREAT time. The facility was so large and there was so many great aircraft to see that we took about three and a half hours making our way around.

Here is Heather in front of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird they have on display.



Saturday Heather and I went to the rowing boathouse and set up for the new season. Lots of dads and other coaches were there to help put boats in the water and mount outboard motors. I had a good time hangin out where Heather spends some of her time every week.

Well, only a couple of days left! What excitement will we fit in next? Find out and check back soon! (Maybe MATT will post again! WHO KNOWS?!)

1 comment:

Emily said...

welcome to the blogosphere Matt! I am so glad that you and Heather are having such a fantastic time together!