Thursday, February 7, 2008

Heidelberg, here we come!!

Some good things have been happening in our lives with Matt's job! It may come as a surprise to most, but Matt has decided to stay in the Army. This wasn't our original intent, but an opportunity came up for a non-deployable job in Heidelberg, so we decided to go for it. It's funny how the last thing you'd expect to happen, just happens to be the perfect situation for you!


We are so excited to be staying in Europe, it seems we both get more and more excited every time we talk about it. Matt should be heading up there at the end of the month, so please pray for him this month as he transitions out of Schweinfurt and into Heidelberg, he has a LOT of stuff on his plate with this move.

Here is a pic I found online of the castle in Heidelberg, you can see it is a pretty cool area! I can't wait to get there!



3 comments:

JStar said...

I LOVE Heidelberg! I'm so jealous! I spent my Sophomore year in college studying abroad there. We lived in a big, old mansion on the hill next to the castle. We would play soccer, have picnics, etc. on the castle grounds. Ahh, the memories! You will have a blast there. The old downtown area is wonderful. :)

Emily said...

What a BEAUTIFUL area! You are so luck to get to spend your first years of marriage there. What a fantastic adventure! I am sure that you will make such fun memories there. Maybe we will come and visit you guys, I have wanted to go back to Germany SO badly. Congrats on making your first big decisions together!

Childress Family said...

Wow, that IS a surprise, but awesome! What's he going to be doing? If I remember right, H-burg is the town with 3 H&M's in the same pedestrian shopping area? Can't go wrong!